The NPD Charter Program offers recent college graduates interested in client-facing career roles the unique opportunity to utilize their university learning and previous work experiences, while learning about NPD’s Retail Business and Market Analysis groups and our overall organization. This exciting robust program is comprised of four components and will establish rotational assignments and learning activities for over a period of one year. At the end of the program, participants will ideally be placed in either client-facing positions within our Retail Business Group or Commercial Teams.
In 2017, there are 2 positions available in our January program and 2 positions available in our June program. Please apply below as appropriate.
- Experiential training while working with actual NPD client data.
- Classroom setting training sessions in Data Analysis, Tools and NPD Datasets; sessions will be instructed by the existing Market Analysis team members and/or other NPD staff.
- Learning and Development Activities that include mentoring/peering, Connect To Learn Sessions, RBG Academy, Basic Analysis Training, Basic Retailing, and other NPD Learning & Development classes.
- Participants will be assigned to an industry, group tier retailer, for the last 3-6 months of the one year period. During this time, objectives will be set and they will work with industry team leads as a productive member of the Market Analysis team. Performance feedback will be given throughout the program.
- Each participant will be given a final evaluation which will consist of a skills assessment/inventory. Along with the guidance and direction of Human Resources and the Market Analysis management team, they will be encouraged to apply for any open position within the organization suited to their skill level.
- Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing or Market Research preferred.
- Proficiency in all MS Office PowerPoint and Word.
- Advanced level Excel skills with proficiency in pivot tables, macros, formulas, and functions.
- Prior internship or work experience in a related field is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and be able to work on a team as well as independently.
Current Openings in:
Disability Assistance: The Company is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling 516.625.2883 or by sending an email to email@example.comThe NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.