Business Development Director
Shanghai / China
What attracted you to NPD?
This is a data based, insight driven & consumer facing business, which I firmly believe has huge potential in such an emerging market like China.
What is your background?
- I have nearly 20 years experience on both sides of the marketing fence in China, mainly with branded consumer product and service multinational companies. QSR, Food and Beverage is a focus of my previous career, such as Yum!, Tropicana, Coca Cola; and the food service is one critical channel I am pretty familiar with in China market.
- I have rich consumer and market insight and solid research experience in China and even Asia, used to be the certified trainer for Consumer Insight Course in Asia Pacific when I was with Colgate Palmolive. Apart from that, category management (including new product development and portfolio management), shopper marketing, brand building, digital marketing, innovation are also the key areas of my professional competency.
Quoted from the recommendation letter from the founder of previous employer, I am a strategic thinker, execution driver, business builder and team player.
How are you applying your previous work experience at NPD?
- Riding on my previous solid working experience in QSR, food & beverage multinationals, I have extensive and intensive understanding on NPD's clients' business, which is critical on managing the relationship and providing service to the existing clients and developing new customers.
- The diversity from my previous working experience could add value on agency side, can better serve different kinds of customers from various industries.
What is the most interesting/gratifying experience you have had, so far, at NPD?
Win back the clients who used to discontinue the cooperation with NPD. (The reason I consider it as the most interesting/gratifying experience is, usually to win back previous customers is far more difficult than to develop new clients in China)
How are you helping clients make better business decisions?
- Provide business insight rather than just data
(My previous experience could help a lot, I can talk with the clients in their business language)
- I create a DIG model myself, which means a virtuous cycle including the Diagnosis of data, get the Insight, and then help the client to Grow their business.
- Manage customer relationship riding on local business culture, in a kind of oriental way; and also use the social media to keep close connection with the stakeholders at client side (WeChat in China)
Career opportunities in:
- Summer Programs for College Students
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
- “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Disability Assistance: The Company is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling 516.625.2883 or by sending an email to email@example.comThe NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.