Pizza Hut Delivers in the Flood
David Portalatin, Vice President, Industry Advisor ;
I'm a Houston resident and like most Houstonians I've been battling flood waters all week. One of the things I’ve been amazed by during Harvey is just how good the food industry is. Retail shelves that were decimated in the days of hasty pre-storm preparation were filled to abundance the next day, and grocery stores were among the first to open. A testament to the efficiency of our supply chain, the persistence of industry employees, and the overwhelming abundance of this wealthy nation.
Then there’s this local Pizza Hut Franchisee literally wading through flood waters to bring hot pizza to people. Awesome!
Related Blog Posts
- Holiday Shoppers Get the Best of Both Worlds – In-Store Spirit with Online Ease, Reports NPD
- Unit Sales of Voice-Enabled Speakers in the U.S. Were Up 36 Percent Heading Into the Holiday Season
- An Increasing Number of Restaurant Meals Are Being Eaten At Home Because That’s Where U.S. Consumers Want to Be
- Growth in Fragrance Sales Bodes Well for the Market During Holiday 2018, Reports NPD
- Hooking Them Young(er)
- Fashion Accessory Rebound Driven By Changing Consumer Priorities, Reports NPD