Pizza Hut Delivers in the Flood
David Portalatin, Vice President, Industry Advisor ;
I'm a Houston resident and like most Houstonians I've been battling flood waters all week. One of the things I’ve been amazed by during Harvey is just how good the food industry is. Retail shelves that were decimated in the days of hasty pre-storm preparation were filled to abundance the next day, and grocery stores were among the first to open. A testament to the efficiency of our supply chain, the persistence of industry employees, and the overwhelming abundance of this wealthy nation.
Then there’s this local Pizza Hut Franchisee literally wading through flood waters to bring hot pizza to people. Awesome!
Related Blog Posts
- Blended Retail Shopping is Heating Up the Holidays, NPD Says
- The best phone you cannot (easily) buy
- Aging U.S. Consumers Slow Down Food And Beverage Consumption Making It A Battle for Market Share
- The Open Office Trend – Peter Gibbons Was a Genius
- Nearly Half of U.S. Smartphone Owners Report Shopping on Their Device
- Unlocked Smartphone Users Are Spending More and Upgrading Less