Executive Director, Industry Analyst - Beauty
Larissa Jensen, Executive Director, Beauty Industry Analyst at The NPD Group, is an expert in the prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance, and hair categories. She travels globally to lend her knowledge of the U.S. market to the beauty industry, which includes the evaluation of new business opportunities for top beauty manufacturers around the world.
Larissa shares her expert insights and analysis on The NPD Group Blog, and has contributed to major media outlets including The New York Times, USA Today, Women’s Wear Daily, Vogue, The Business of Fashion, HAPPI, and GCI magazine. She has delivered keynotes and trend presentations at established beauty events and conferences for Cosmetic Executive Women, HBA Global Expo, and The Society of Cosmetic Chemists. She is a Board Member for The Fashion Institute of Technology’s CFMM Master’s Program, and on the Board of Advisors for Beauty Packaging magazine.
Larissa joined NPD in 2005 following her marketing roles at The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. and L’Oréal USA. Larissa earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications from Ithaca College, and a Master of Professional Studies degree in Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing and Management from The Fashion Institute of Technology.
In today’s retail landscape, industries cannot live strictly in their silos, but must learn from each other. Beauty is among the fastest-growing. Here are the top trends driving its success today, and what others like the sports industry can learn from it.
- Holiday Shoppers Get the Best of Both Worlds – In-Store Spirit with Online Ease, Reports NPD
- Unit Sales of Voice-Enabled Speakers in the U.S. Were Up 36 Percent Heading Into the Holiday Season
- An Increasing Number of Restaurant Meals Are Being Eaten At Home Because That’s Where U.S. Consumers Want to Be
- Growth in Fragrance Sales Bodes Well for the Market During Holiday 2018, Reports NPD
- Hooking Them Young(er)
- Fashion Accessory Rebound Driven By Changing Consumer Priorities, Reports NPD