Director, Industry Analyst - Apparel
Maria Rugolo is a Director and Industry Analyst of Fashion Apparel heading up NPD’s Apparel Market Insights team, driving insights and addressing industry challenges through deep levels of analysis and expertise. Maria joined NPD in 1999 as an Analyst of retail and consumer fragrance information. In 2011, Maria moved into a fashion apparel role where, in addition to managing a number of key fashion clients, she keeps a pulse on the apparel industry. Maria presents industry trends to manufacturers, retailers, and key apparel industry associations, including state of the industry presentations and white space opportunity analyses.
Maria has an MBA in Marketing, and a BBA in both Marketing and International Business from Hofstra University in New York. She expanded her global perspective while working four months in NPD’s Milan office.
Apparel shopping habits are transforming with both retailers and brands evolving to meet shoppers’ elevated expectations. For apparel manufacturers and retailers it takes understanding that not all apparel consumers shop alike to get the shopping experience right.
A good portion of my family members celebrate their birthdays in the fall.
Change is in the air. News about companies outside of apparel bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. is increasing.
As I notice the beautiful fall foliage outside my window I’m quickly reminded that boot season is upon us – that means it is time to break out my fun socks. Besides providing me with warmth, socks are a fun accessory to complete my outfit. From no show liners to over-the-knee boot socks, from neon colors to wacky prints, from traditional to stripes…there are an infinite number of options.
- Holiday Shoppers Get the Best of Both Worlds – In-Store Spirit with Online Ease, Reports NPD
- Unit Sales of Voice-Enabled Speakers in the U.S. Were Up 36 Percent Heading Into the Holiday Season
- An Increasing Number of Restaurant Meals Are Being Eaten At Home Because That’s Where U.S. Consumers Want to Be
- Growth in Fragrance Sales Bodes Well for the Market During Holiday 2018, Reports NPD
- Hooking Them Young(er)
- Fashion Accessory Rebound Driven By Changing Consumer Priorities, Reports NPD