Director, Industry Analyst - Fashion
Maria Rugolo is a Director and Industry Analyst of Fashion Apparel heading up NPD’s Apparel Market Analysis team, driving insights and addressing industry challenges through deep levels of analysis and expertise. Maria joined NPD in 1999 as an Analyst of retail and consumer fragrance information. In 2011, Maria moved into a fashion apparel role where, in addition to managing a number of key fashion clients, she keeps a pulse on the apparel industry. Maria presents industry trends to manufacturers, retailers, and key apparel industry associations, including state of the industry presentations and white space opportunity analyses.
Maria has an MBA in Marketing, and a BBA in both Marketing and International Busienss from Hofstra University in New York. She expanded her global perspective while working four months in NPD’s Milan office.
Though store closings are not considered new news, there was a plethora of retailers officially announcing their closures earlier this year, including a number of industry leaders. And while busin...
Change is in the air. News about companies outside of apparel bringing their manufacturing back to the U.S. is increasing. One of the largest clothing manufacturers in the U.S., American Apparel, ...
As I notice the beautiful fall foliage outside my window I’m quickly reminded that boot season is upon us – that means it is time to break out my fun socks. Besides providing me with warmth, socks...
- Blog PostSneakernomics: How Golf Lost the Millennials
- InfographicMillennials May Do More With Less, But Not When It Comes To Online Shopping
- Press ReleaseTotal U.S. Restaurant Counts Dip by Two Percent; Restaurant Density Is At Its Lowest Level in Ten Yearse
- Food For ThoughtApps, Websites Making Grocery Shopping Less Eventful
- Blog PostSneakernomics: Sports is Catching the Disease that’s Killing Retail