Director, Industry Analysis - Commercial Technology
As The NPD Group’s Director of Industry Analysis for Commercial Technology, Michael Diamond offers expert analysis and commentary about the shifting commercial market. Through his focus on driving deeper insights with clients, Michael is improving core business-to-business (B2B) services and helping B2B clients navigate the channel more effectively.
Prior to joining NPD, Michael worked for Ingram Micro for 17 years in market and competitive intelligence, worldwide strategic planning, business intelligence, and North American strategic development. During his time at Ingram Micro, Michael was responsible for analyzing the competitive landscape, developing vendor and customer strategies, identifying trends in vertical and sub-vertical markets, and analyzing near-term and future technology trends. He also presented at vendor and customer-facing events to share industry insights.
Michael holds a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from the University of Phoenix.
Although it is often best to take a skeptical view of the likely success of nascent technologies, virtual reality and augmented reality (VR/AR) are the exception to the rule. Government, military ...
In the words of Forrest Gump, “My mama always said, life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re going to get.” Well, after months of speculation, mama was right and EMC finally foun...
End-of-Support for Windows 2003 Yields Unexpected Market Results I think Benjamin Franklin said it best, “the only two certainties in life are death and taxes.” This is also a precept or tenet for an...
- Blog PostSneakernomics: How Golf Lost the Millennials
- InfographicMillennials May Do More With Less, But Not When It Comes To Online Shopping
- Press ReleaseTotal U.S. Restaurant Counts Dip by Two Percent; Restaurant Density Is At Its Lowest Level in Ten Yearse
- Food For ThoughtApps, Websites Making Grocery Shopping Less Eventful
- Blog PostSneakernomics: Sports is Catching the Disease that’s Killing Retail