Director, Industry Analyst - Entertainment
Vincent Moy is the Industry Analyst for NPD’s Entertainment practice. He has a deep understanding of the home video landscape, having witnessed the early adoption of DVD players, consumers’ transition to digital cable and satellite service, the dawn of Blu-ray technology, and the emergence of digital video content to its prominence today. His 14 years in the industry have been dedicated to understanding consumers’ viewing behavior across platforms, motivations and situational use cases, and the impact of the retail environment and macro-trends affecting the entertainment industry as a whole.
Prior to joining NPD, Vincent served as Vice President – Research at Paramount Home Entertainment and Director, Market Research at Warner Home Video. Through his leadership, both studios employed a wide variety of custom research methodologies that provided critical decision-making data and insights in a rapidly evolving marketplace. In addition to his intimate knowledge of the category, Vincent is an avid fan of the action-adventure, sci-fi and fanboy genres.
Vincent holds an MBA from California State University, Northridge and a BS in Marketing from the University of Florida.
Celebrity star-spotting is either a national pastime or collective guilty pleasure, depending on how you look at it. Have you ever glanced up when someone nearby exclaimed, “Look! It’s Tiger Woods/Gwen Stefani/ Sean Penn/(insert other famous person here)”?
- Blended Retail Shopping is Heating Up the Holidays, NPD Says
- The best phone you cannot (easily) buy
- Aging U.S. Consumers Slow Down Food And Beverage Consumption Making It A Battle for Market Share
- The Open Office Trend – Peter Gibbons Was a Genius
- Nearly Half of U.S. Smartphone Owners Report Shopping on Their Device
- Unlocked Smartphone Users Are Spending More and Upgrading Less