Show Blog Posts for:
In 2017 the 2 weeks of Black Friday/Cyber Monday posted a decline of -3 per cent across the fashion industry in Canada as buying visits (both online and in-store) experienced declines. In an attempt to reverse this trend, this year we saw promotions starting as early as the first week of November.
It’s been quite some time since Nordstrom announced that they were going to be opening their first Nordstrom Rack store in Canada; and since then, there has been significant buzz around when this was going to happen.
With four snowstorms hitting the Northeast in March, seasons are blurring as late winter/early spring is seemingly colder and snowier than ever. Contrary to early ads touting sandal weather, boot sales in March have grown the last two years, with the top growing cities being New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Boston.
Fashion footwear and accessories players are looking for opportunity in 2018, following a soft 2017.
- Holiday Shoppers Get the Best of Both Worlds – In-Store Spirit with Online Ease, Reports NPD
- Unit Sales of Voice-Enabled Speakers in the U.S. Were Up 36 Percent Heading Into the Holiday Season
- An Increasing Number of Restaurant Meals Are Being Eaten At Home Because That’s Where U.S. Consumers Want to Be
- Growth in Fragrance Sales Bodes Well for the Market During Holiday 2018, Reports NPD
- Hooking Them Young(er)
- Fashion Accessory Rebound Driven By Changing Consumer Priorities, Reports NPD