Show Blog Posts for:
The U.S. office supplies industry is no exception to the shopping trends emerging this holiday season, as there are several products trending for holiday crafting, gift giving, and home décor.
Setting political views aside, the women’s movement has positively influenced the sales of office supplies.
It was about two years ago that we at NPD detected the adult coloring book trend beginning to take flight and, alongside this trend, sales of colored pencils, markers, and even gel pens soared. During the first month of the 2015 holiday season, sales of coloring pages were up 70 percent and sales of complementary products like colored pencil sets grew over 100 percent. Demand for these items was so strong that some manufacturers were unable to turn around enough colored pencils to meet the consumer demand. Exactly one year later and the consumer demand for these products has continued.
Keeping A Pulse On The Growing Handmade Movement
- Black Panther: The Newest Hit in the Toy Aisle
- Categories Shifting Online
- Watch Out World, Here Come the Zs!
- The NPD Group Debuts B2B Software and Cloud Tracking Service
- 8 Retail Trends Through a Millennial Lens
- David Meer Joins NPD as Senior Vice President, Analytic Solutions Research and Development
- Post-Toy Fair Blues