Show Blog Posts for:
With many technologies and smart devices at our disposal, consumers nevertheless need a cleanse from the digital stare. New office designs; growth in pen, planner and notebook sales; and trends like bullet journaling and hand lettering, reflect this digital detox.
The U.S. office supplies industry is no exception to the shopping trends emerging this holiday season, as there are several products trending for holiday crafting, gift giving, and home décor.
Setting political views aside, the women’s movement has positively influenced the sales of office supplies.
The slime trend is oozing its way into schools throughout the nation and worldwide, and as more parents receive requests for the five key ingredients, retailers want to make sure they not only have these, and other slime enhancing supplies, stocked,
It was about two years ago that we at NPD detected the adult coloring book trend beginning to take flight and, alongside this trend, sales of colored pencils, markers, and even gel pens soared. During the first month of the 2015 holiday season, sales of coloring pages were up 70 percent and sales of complementary products like colored pencil sets grew over 100 percent. Demand for these items was so strong that some manufacturers were unable to turn around enough colored pencils to meet the consumer demand. Exactly one year later and the consumer demand for these products has continued.
Keeping A Pulse On The Growing Handmade Movement
- An Introduction to Blockchain, and What it Means for Retail’s Future
- Will Consumers of Organic Foods Be Swayed By Negative Publicity on the Quality and Safety of These Foods? Not Likely
- The Kids’ Licensed Products Market: Up Close
- Toys‟R”Us Liquidation and Early Easter Align, Bringing Additional Sales to Growing U.S. Toy Industry
- Sneakernomics: Social Responsibility in Sports Retail