Show Blog Posts for:
The holiday season presents consumers with a perfect opportunity to get in touch with their creative side – a behavior that bodes well for the office supplies market. Several arts, crafts, and traditional supplies categories tied to ornament decorating, homemade décor, and other trends will be top industry performers this holiday.
In office supplies, the market for products made from recycled materials is growing. And, as consumers look towards sustainable alternatives to traditional school supplies, reusable notebooks such as the Rocketbook, as well as dry erase boards have become popular options.
With many technologies and smart devices at our disposal, consumers nevertheless need a cleanse from the digital stare. New office designs; growth in pen, planner and notebook sales; and trends like bullet journaling and hand lettering, reflect this digital detox.
Setting political views aside, the women’s movement has positively influenced the sales of office supplies.
The slime trend is oozing its way into schools throughout the nation and worldwide, and as more parents receive requests for the five key ingredients, retailers want to make sure they not only have these, and other slime enhancing supplies, stocked,
It was about two years ago that we at NPD detected the adult coloring book trend beginning to take flight and, alongside this trend, sales of colored pencils, markers, and even gel pens soared. During the first month of the 2015 holiday season, sales of coloring pages were up 70 percent and sales of complementary products like colored pencil sets grew over 100 percent. Demand for these items was so strong that some manufacturers were unable to turn around enough colored pencils to meet the consumer demand. Exactly one year later and the consumer demand for these products has continued.
- Holiday Shoppers Get the Best of Both Worlds – In-Store Spirit with Online Ease, Reports NPD
- Unit Sales of Voice-Enabled Speakers in the U.S. Were Up 36 Percent Heading Into the Holiday Season
- An Increasing Number of Restaurant Meals Are Being Eaten At Home Because That’s Where U.S. Consumers Want to Be
- Growth in Fragrance Sales Bodes Well for the Market During Holiday 2018, Reports NPD
- Hooking Them Young(er)
- Fashion Accessory Rebound Driven By Changing Consumer Priorities, Reports NPD