Diamonds are made under pressure, and so are your critical business decisions. In order to stay competitive in today’s diamond and jewelry market, you need strategy that’s as brilliant as an Excellent cut.
So how do the world’s leading diamond retailers, manufacturers, and wholesalers capitalize on a constantly shifting market to stay ahead? They rely on The NPD Group’s retail measurement information to understand consumer demand, identify trends in quality, shape and pricing, and drive profitable growth, using our robust data and unparalleled diamond industry expertise.
NPD collects actual point-of-sale data from thousands of retail doors in the U.S., including major jewelry chains and hundreds of independent jewelers. Our team collects this information in a secure and anonymous format, so that the performance of any individual jeweler is never revealed. Then our diamond industry specialists compile, analyze, and present the data in reports that detail diamond performance.
If you are a diamond manufacturer or wholesaler and are interested in learning more about how this service will benefit you please contact us.
Diamond Tracker for Suppliers
Get detailed, monthly, point-of-sale diamond market information to help you make more proactive decisions when purchasing and pricing diamonds. See the units sold, inventory on hand, and wholesale cost of different diamond types within the fine jewelry market, including institutional chains and independent retailers. For the first time ever in the diamond market, NPD’s new Diamond Tracker allows manufacturers to drill down to specific types of diamonds using attributes like ownership type, lab certification, diamond type, and more. Determine what diamonds are really selling for in the marketplace and how your margins compare to your competition's. Learn more.
Diamond Tracker for Retailers
Get detailed, monthly, point-of-sale diamond market information to help you make more proactive decisions when purchasing and pricing diamonds. See the actual retail selling prices and margins achieved, units sold, inventory on hand, and wholesale cost of different diamond types within the fine jewelry market, including institutional chains and independent retailers. For the first time ever in the diamond market, NPD’s new Diamond Tracker allows retailers to drill down to specific types of diamonds using attributes like ownership type, lab certification, diamond type, and more. Learn how your sales, pricing and inventory compare to your competitors' and the optimal inventory to maximize ROI. Learn more.
You have opportunities. You face threats. What you need are smart, quantifiable methods of distinguishing one from the other and maximizing your chances of success. NPD’s Analytic Solutions Group includes a team of senior leaders with extensive experience developing and delivering analytic solutions that address strategic marketing, sales, and planning issues.
We combine NPD POS and consumer information, industry expertise, and custom survey research – then add state-of-the-discipline research techniques and methodologies to explain the "why behind the buy.” Through advanced modeling and analytic services, we offer insight into what will happen in the future, not just what has happened in the past, answering your most pressing business questions:
- What consumer segments should we target and why? How do we know if we’re successful over time?
- Which products are hot? How should we respond?
- What’s the sales potential and ROI for my new / revamped product idea?
- What is the optimal feature combination for my product?
- How do I monitor my performance in my sales territories, distribution areas, etc.?
- Is your promotion strategy attracting new buyers or just moving forward sales you would have gotten anyway?
- How will a competitor’s price drop impact your sales next quarter, and how should you respond?
- Will my product category grow or decline? Why? What does this mean for my market share?
- What’s the competitive landscape and where are my best opportunities (Food)?
- What levers should we pull to increase sales and market share?
- Why are some of our stores performing better than others?
- Why do consumers choose our brand? Our competitors’ brands?
- How effective is our advertising? How can we improve it?
- What products should we develop?
- What products should we sell?
- How can we optimize assortment based on local market dynamics?
- Which people should we target? Why?
- How do we know if we are successful over time?
See how clients have used our analytic solutions to solve their business challenges in our Analytic Solutions Case Study Library.
Insights and Opinions from our Analysts and Experts
Complete this form to hear from NPD.