Every week, see how your chain performs relative to your competitive set. Now you can monitor the latest market moves each week and track how your business performs in your competitive segment. The NPD Group’s SalesTrack® Weekly service provides a timely measure of restaurant sales and the overall health of the industry. Reports are based on actual same-store sales and transaction information from more than 45 chains in the U.S., representing over 100,000 locations and $160 billion in sales.
Weekly reporting is delivered every Friday, typically five days after the close of the week. Reports are available for same-store sales and transactions in total and by daypart and service mode.
- Benchmark your same-store sales performance to the rest of the market every week so you can better evaluate your own internal and isolated same-store sales performance
- Gauge the overall health of restaurants
- Evaluate trends in dollars vs. transactions to identify sources of strength
- Examine trends and fluctuations in same-store sales so you can assess the impact of your marketing and operational initiatives on your performance relative to the competition
- Weekly same-store sales and transaction change vs. year-ago
- Same-store sales change trend for most recent year
- Weekly high/low same-store sales changes among participants
The NPD Group collects weekly same-store sales, transaction, daypart, and service mode information directly from U.S. chain restaurants. Aggregated information is summarized in a weekly report and sent electronically to clients; it is also accessible via an online tool.